Re: Atari collection preservation

Unblakeable

Hi Everyone,

If my schedule allows, I plan to bring some Atari equipment to distribute to the next meeting, whenever that is.  it turns out I didn't need the cataloguing help, so thanks to all who offered.

The stuff I will be bringing includes, in various states of (dis)repair:

Atari 520 ST
Atari 1040 ST
Atare 130XE
Atari 800XLs (2-3)
Atari XEGS
Atari 400 (one maybe working, the other is not)
Atari 1020 color printers (in box, 2)
Atari 4-switch 2600s (untested, x2)
A bunch of disk drives (untested), SIO cables
Some joysticks
A ton of Atari 850 serial port expanders
A TON of floppy disks
A few Microsoft Windows disks
About a gazillion printer interfaces
Probably at least 1 CRT monitor (deciding which to part with)
one cute 9-inch monochrome monitor (that does work)
Possibly some cassette software - need to sort through it
A bunch of manuals, utilities and programming guides (mostly Atari)
An Atari 800 missing come keycaps
An Atari 5200 in rough shape - may work.
an Atari 2600 trackball (I don't know which model)
1-2 Atari number pads
1-2 drawing tablets

Probably other stuff but need to keep sorting.

I'm not taking "orders" at this time.  I don't want the administrative hassle.  I could use your input on how to handle distributing this stuff.  Do we draw lots to see who gets first pick?  I don't want this bounty to create hard feelings...  That's not what the owner's estate would want.

-mike