Re: Weekend Repairs

Pete Rittwage

i.e. Entropy gets them all, and us, in the end.

-Pete

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 04:29 PM, Pete Rittwage <peter@...> wrote:
I can't let them go to the trash, so I always rescue them if the owner is reasonable.

I also have an slight OCD issue where I hate to own broken things, so I have to fix them all.

Anyone in this hobby knows they break just sitting on the shelf, even stored in perfect conditions. They turn yellow, the chips go bad, they corrode. It happens to them and us. :)

-Pete

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 04:12 PM, CRC <heuwyn@...> wrote:
Can't complain - it's not like they're going to go back in time and make more! Doing great work making space in your life for old hardware like that.

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 4:09 PM Pete Rittwage <peter@...> wrote:
20+ years of pickups over the years from friends, family, craigslist, Facebook marketplace, etc.

They tend to show up when you stop looking, like women.

-Pete

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 01:42 PM, Andre <andre.atlanta@...> wrote:
How were you able to obtain a "stack" of C64s? Were they donated or did you buy a lot of them, or did you just hunt them down one by one.