Re: IRIX installation party

Andy Craig

You probably should confirm but it looks like there are PS/2 keyboards for other SGI products. The site below is usually correct but not perfect. I have found an error there before.

That is so weird for them to use +8v and -8v supplies.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 8:09 AM <alan@... wrote:

Hmm.  I actually don't have a keyboard that works.  I read the warnings about PS/2 keyboard and never connected one to the unit.  I bought an SGI keyboard off eBay and it came in this week. I tried connecting it and it seems as if it's miss-wired.  Doesn't work and the LEDs seem like they may be connected to data lines.  Did SGI make PS/2 keyboards?  Did I damage my Indigo 1?

Can anyone bring an extra keyboard to the meeting to test with?

Thanks,

-Alan

On 2019-02-02 18:02, alan@... wrote:

Hmm.. Funny you should bring that up.  I have a Indigo (1) that needs IRIX.  Was going to do it soon.  Looking like next Saturday then!

Thanks,

-Alan H.

On 2019-02-02 12:58, Eric Dodd wrote:

If there's any interest (and anyone with SGI hardware), I can assist with installing IRIX  during the next meeting.

I have a netboot host and media for 6.5.30 and 6.5.22.

Depending on the system, the install can take some time.

Thanks!
Eric