You also don't need a keyboard to work on it. You should be able to connect to the serial console via mini din 8 connector.

Thanks!
Eric

On Feb 6, 2019, 8:09 AM -0500, alan@..., wrote:

Hmm. I actually don't have a keyboard that works. I read the warnings about PS/2 keyboard and never connected one to the unit. I bought an SGI keyboard off eBay and it came in this week. I tried connecting it and it seems as if it's miss-wired. Doesn't work and the LEDs seem like they may be connected to data lines. Did SGI make PS/2 keyboards? Did I damage my Indigo 1?

Can anyone bring an extra keyboard to the meeting to test with?

Thanks,

-Alan

On 2019-02-02 18:02, alan@... wrote:

Hmm.. Funny you should bring that up.  I have a Indigo (1) that needs IRIX.  Was going to do it soon.  Looking like next Saturday then!

Thanks,

-Alan H.

On 2019-02-02 12:58, Eric Dodd wrote:

If there's any interest (and anyone with SGI hardware), I can assist with installing IRIX  during the next meeting.

I have a netboot host and media for 6.5.30 and 6.5.22.

Depending on the system, the install can take some time.

Thanks!
Eric