Re: Does anyone want these?

Eric Dodd

Jim could drop it off at FedEx and they'll handle packing it. Expect $45-$65 for a very well padded box, and $85 for shipping.

Thanks!
Eric

On Oct 10, 2019, 12:59 AM -0400, Ben Bradley <ben.pi.bradley@...>, wrote:
Ian, perhaps try http://roadie.com, Jim won't have to pack it, just
give it to the person who picks it up, and it won't cost much (for
whoever pays for it). Not sure EXACTLY how it works (if you can
specify how soon you want it or what), but if you don't need it for
weeks or a month, there should be no problem finding someone who can
do it for a lot cheaper than a regular shipping service.

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:21 PM Jim McClellan <j.mcclellan1964@...> wrote:

No, sorry. I'm not going to pack and ship it.

On Oct 9, 2019, at 9:18 PM, Ian S. King <isking@...> wrote:

How much to pack and ship it to 98042? I could use a second one. -- Ian

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 6:06 PM Jim McClellan <j.mcclellan1964@...> wrote:

Andy got the Plus. I still have the IIci. I'd never toss one of these machines but an eventual trip to Goodwill just to see the stupid prices they ask on their auction site makes that a possibility.

On Oct 9, 2019, at 6:35 PM, CRC <heuwyn@...> wrote:

Has anyone laid claim to the IIci? I'm on the fence about it much like Andy was about the Plus, but I refuse to see it tossed if it comes to that.

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School

Principal Investigator, "Reflections on Early Computing and Social Change", UW IRB #42619

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."