Re: Assistance for VCF SE 8.0 -- IMPORTANT!!!

Stephen Lafferty

Is the club a 501c3 non-profit?

Mark
--- Hi Mark, The proposed bylaws which I provided around September, 2012, do include provisions (see Article Two) to meet the requirements for the club to claim nonprofit status under section 501(c)(3) of the internal revenue code. At that time, so long as our income was below $5000 per year, we could claim tax exempt status without filing with IRS for that. Caveats: I do not know whether the bylaws have been changed since then, nor do I know whether tax law has changed in this regard. Also, since I am not a lawyer, I cannot give legal advice. This was just my best effort to set things up properly.
Steve Lafferty