Date   
Re: Happy Pi day!!!

Brent Carroll
 

Challenge accepted!  I didn't have access to my Ataris, so I did this on an emulator.
--Brent

Happy Pi day!!!

Raj Wurttemberg
 

Hey All!

 

Happy Pi Day!  I think that since we are all “grounded”, that it would be a fun challenge for everyone to make a BASIC or ML program to draw a circle on our respective vintage computers.

 

Fun challenge! :)  Post your circle pics!  (Groups.io) can handle pictures.

 

/Raj

 

Re: Meeting this weekend #poll

Caddy Jack
 

Wanna meet at the sonny's, or ihop on PIB, after all public food preparation isn't affected? 

  TI BASIC READY
> █


From: main@ahcs.groups.io <main@ahcs.groups.io> on behalf of Earl Baugh <earl.baugh@...>
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2020 6:29:58 PM
To: main@ahcs.groups.io <main@ahcs.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ahcs] Meeting this weekend
 
Brad just relayed to me that the Church contacted him and is closed until at least March 20th.
So our meeting is canceled for tomorrow.

Will let you know when things get rescheduled.

Earl

Re: Atari collection preservation

Earl Baugh
 

We can do a silent auction, just need some pieces of paper. We’ve done that during meetings before. 

Earl 


On Mar 13, 2020, at 3:52 PM, Eric Dodd <eric.e.dodd@...> wrote:


Donate all of it to the club, then blind auction it. Use the proceeds for VCFSE.

Everyone gets what they're willing to pay for and they get to help out with the show. 
On Mar 13, 2020, 3:44 PM -0400, Unblakeable <msblake@...>, wrote:
Hi Everyone,

If my schedule allows, I plan to bring some Atari equipment to distribute to the next meeting, whenever that is.  it turns out I didn't need the cataloguing help, so thanks to all who offered.

The stuff I will be bringing includes, in various states of (dis)repair:

Atari 520 ST
Atari 1040 ST
Atare 130XE
Atari 800XLs (2-3)
Atari XEGS
Atari 400 (one maybe working, the other is not)
Atari 1020 color printers (in box, 2)
Atari 4-switch 2600s (untested, x2)
A bunch of disk drives (untested), SIO cables
Some joysticks
A ton of Atari 850 serial port expanders
A TON of floppy disks
A few Microsoft Windows disks
About a gazillion printer interfaces
Probably at least 1 CRT monitor (deciding which to part with)
one cute 9-inch monochrome monitor (that does work)
Possibly some cassette software - need to sort through it
A bunch of manuals, utilities and programming guides (mostly Atari)
An Atari 800 missing come keycaps
An Atari 5200 in rough shape - may work.
an Atari 2600 trackball (I don't know which model)
1-2 Atari number pads
1-2 drawing tablets

Probably other stuff but need to keep sorting.

I'm not taking "orders" at this time.  I don't want the administrative hassle.  I could use your input on how to handle distributing this stuff.  Do we draw lots to see who gets first pick?  I don't want this bounty to create hard feelings...  That's not what the owner's estate would want.

-mike

Re: Atari collection preservation

Eric Dodd
 

Donate all of it to the club, then blind auction it. Use the proceeds for VCFSE.

Everyone gets what they're willing to pay for and they get to help out with the show. 

On Mar 13, 2020, 3:44 PM -0400, Unblakeable <msblake@...>, wrote:
Hi Everyone,

If my schedule allows, I plan to bring some Atari equipment to distribute to the next meeting, whenever that is.  it turns out I didn't need the cataloguing help, so thanks to all who offered.

The stuff I will be bringing includes, in various states of (dis)repair:

Atari 520 ST
Atari 1040 ST
Atare 130XE
Atari 800XLs (2-3)
Atari XEGS
Atari 400 (one maybe working, the other is not)
Atari 1020 color printers (in box, 2)
Atari 4-switch 2600s (untested, x2)
A bunch of disk drives (untested), SIO cables
Some joysticks
A ton of Atari 850 serial port expanders
A TON of floppy disks
A few Microsoft Windows disks
About a gazillion printer interfaces
Probably at least 1 CRT monitor (deciding which to part with)
one cute 9-inch monochrome monitor (that does work)
Possibly some cassette software - need to sort through it
A bunch of manuals, utilities and programming guides (mostly Atari)
An Atari 800 missing come keycaps
An Atari 5200 in rough shape - may work.
an Atari 2600 trackball (I don't know which model)
1-2 Atari number pads
1-2 drawing tablets

Probably other stuff but need to keep sorting.

I'm not taking "orders" at this time.  I don't want the administrative hassle.  I could use your input on how to handle distributing this stuff.  Do we draw lots to see who gets first pick?  I don't want this bounty to create hard feelings...  That's not what the owner's estate would want.

-mike

Re: Atari collection preservation

Unblakeable
 

Hi Everyone,

If my schedule allows, I plan to bring some Atari equipment to distribute to the next meeting, whenever that is.  it turns out I didn't need the cataloguing help, so thanks to all who offered.

The stuff I will be bringing includes, in various states of (dis)repair:

Atari 520 ST
Atari 1040 ST
Atare 130XE
Atari 800XLs (2-3)
Atari XEGS
Atari 400 (one maybe working, the other is not)
Atari 1020 color printers (in box, 2)
Atari 4-switch 2600s (untested, x2)
A bunch of disk drives (untested), SIO cables
Some joysticks
A ton of Atari 850 serial port expanders
A TON of floppy disks
A few Microsoft Windows disks
About a gazillion printer interfaces
Probably at least 1 CRT monitor (deciding which to part with)
one cute 9-inch monochrome monitor (that does work)
Possibly some cassette software - need to sort through it
A bunch of manuals, utilities and programming guides (mostly Atari)
An Atari 800 missing come keycaps
An Atari 5200 in rough shape - may work.
an Atari 2600 trackball (I don't know which model)
1-2 Atari number pads
1-2 drawing tablets

Probably other stuff but need to keep sorting.

I'm not taking "orders" at this time.  I don't want the administrative hassle.  I could use your input on how to handle distributing this stuff.  Do we draw lots to see who gets first pick?  I don't want this bounty to create hard feelings...  That's not what the owner's estate would want.

-mike

Re: Meeting this weekend #poll

@AtariLynxHandyCast
 

Woops...just saw that the church is closed anyway, so the point is moot. I've updated the events calendar on the atlhcs.org website to reflect the cancellation.

-Mark

Re: Meeting this weekend #poll

@AtariLynxHandyCast
 
Edited

Voted Not Attending, but only because I am out of town. For what it’s worth, Earl, if I WAS in town, I’d vote to attend. Thanks 😊

-Mark

Cancelled Event: Monthly Meeting - Saturday, 14 March 2020 #cal-cancelled

main@ahcs.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Cancelled: Monthly Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Saturday, 14 March 2020
1:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Christ the Lord Lutheran Church, 1001 Duluth Hwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30043

Description:
Our Meetings run from 1 to 5.   Normally club business is conducted at 2 pm.

Re: Meeting this weekend #poll

Earl Baugh
 

Brad just relayed to me that the Church contacted him and is closed until at least March 20th.
So our meeting is canceled for tomorrow.

Will let you know when things get rescheduled.

Earl

Meeting this weekend #poll

Earl Baugh
 

Folks,

As of this minute, our meeting is still on for Saturday.  I know that a lot of folks have coronavirus on their minds (I've gotten e-mails from nearly every business I interact with... including an on-line bank...and from CloudFlare who does content caching... not sure how exactly this impacts them :-).  )

I have gotten feedback from a few members who aren't going to attend. If you're uncomfortable with attending, are in one of the groups that they are recommending to stay away from groups (age or compromised immune system) or for other reasons would rather not attend, please stay where you feel safe. 

I have made this a "poll" and if I get feedback from enough members that aren't attending, I will send out a follow up e-mail canceling.
If we hear from the church about closing (which some are doing... the church I attend is cancelling services for the next 3 weeks...) I will
also let you know.

Otherwise, for those comfortable attending, I'll see you there, and we can discuss plans for VCF SE 8.0

Earl

P.S. If we do end up cancelling, I will see if I have a mechanism to set up a virtual meeting at a future date.

Thank you for voting.


Re: ISO: Mid/late 90s PC parts odds and ends

Casey N.
 

Let me look at what I have, I may have ya covered on the ram, possibly heatsinks :)

Re: ISO: Mid/late 90s PC parts odds and ends

Andrew Taylor
 

Off the top of my head, I only need 2. Also just noticed the formatting crapped the bed on my first post, oops.

Re: ISO: Mid/late 90s PC parts odds and ends

Josh Litherland
 

I've got you covered for the CD-ROM audio cables.  How many you need?  I have 4 or 5, it looks like.

--
Josh Litherland (josh@...)

ISO: Mid/late 90s PC parts odds and ends

Andrew Taylor
 
Edited

I know it's kinda random, but I've been working on a lot of mid-late 90s PCs lately and I'm short a surprisingly large amount of smaller parts. If anyone has some spares they'll be willing to bring to this weekend's meeting, I'd really appreciate it.

Parts I'm looking for:

Socket 5/7 heatsink clip (or just a heatsink assembly entirely, as long as it's passive/no fan)

PC66 RAM (preferrably 2x 32MB or a single 64MB stick)

CD-ROM to sound card cable (the little 4-pin one with the black connector on both ends. I have an abundance of the CD-ROM to mobo ones, but not CD-ROM to sound card)

two 1.44 floppy disk drives...yeah this one's a stretch but mine have a habit of completely crapping out

Thanks,

-Andrew

Re: Upcoming Event: Monthly Meeting - Sat, 03/14/2020 1:00pm-5:00pm #cal-reminder

BE Arnold
 

Not yet. The church hasn’t canceled us so far.

Thanks,
Brad Arnold

On Mar 12, 2020, at 10:22 PM, Pete Rittwage <peter@...> wrote:


I guess this will be postponed since the world is closing down?  

-Pete




On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 01:00 PM, main@ahcs.groups.io Calendar <main@ahcs.groups.io> wrote:
Reminder: Monthly Meeting
When: Saturday, 14 March 2020, 1:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York
Where:Christ the Lord Lutheran Church, 1001 Duluth Hwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
View Event
Description: Our Meetings run from 1 to 5.   Normally club business is conducted at 2 pm.

Re: Upcoming Event: Monthly Meeting - Sat, 03/14/2020 1:00pm-5:00pm #cal-reminder

Pete Rittwage
 

I guess this will be postponed since the world is closing down?  

-Pete




On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 01:00 PM, main@ahcs.groups.io Calendar <main@ahcs.groups.io> wrote:
Reminder: Monthly Meeting
When: Saturday, 14 March 2020, 1:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York
Where:Christ the Lord Lutheran Church, 1001 Duluth Hwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
View Event
Description: Our Meetings run from 1 to 5.   Normally club business is conducted at 2 pm.

W: 24vac transformer?

Caddy Jack
 



  TI BASIC READY
> █

NEAT!

James Mahoney
 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-MDX-431A-With-Keyboard-IUP200-Chip-Programmer-and-lots-of-manuals/324095276612

We Have a Presenter for AHCS Meeting on March 14, 2020

@AtariLynxHandyCast
 

Hi, All:

Mauricio Vives has graciously stepped up to be a presenter at the meeting this weekend. His topic will be entitled "Operating Vintage Arcade Circuit Boards," and he will draw from his experience collecting these boards., many of which will be present at the meeting. Please stick around after the business of the meeting has concluded to enjoy Mauricio's presentation.

Now who would like to be a presenter at our April 18 meeting? Please let me know so that I can get it on the schedule.

Earl: Mauricio requested the use of power, a projector, and a table to spread out part of his collection. Since I'll be out of town this weekend and won't be able to make the meeting, could you hook him up with that, please? I have no idea who has/keeps the projector. Thanks so much and I hope to see everyone in April.

-Mark