3.5 Sled SD2IDE

Dave Brown

On the back of the CRT conversation, has anyone seen or has a design for a 3.5” Drive Sled, that could take a SD2IDE adaptor.

In the process of doing a AMD 5x86 build and want to be able to swap the SD cards for different OS.

Sure could daily drive by using the boot loader.

Pete Rittwage

Dave,

I've used IDE to CF adapters that go into a slot cover, but not a front 3.5" bay. It's a little less convenient, but still workable.

-Pete

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 06:26 PM, Dave Brown <dave@...> wrote:
On the back of the CRT conversation, has anyone seen or has a design for a 3.5” Drive Sled, that could take a SD2IDE adaptor.

In the process of doing a AMD 5x86 build and want to be able to swap the SD cards for different OS.

Sure could daily drive by using the boot loader.

Andrew Taylor

In my experience, SD2IDE adapters fit in the same brackets and housings for CF2IDE adapters, you'll just have the larger slot.

That being the case, I've had this saved for a while, been meaning to get one printed: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4669790

Would make an excellent "stealthy" drive bay housing for old cases and builds