Topics

Arcades

Andy Craig

A friend told me there's a new arcade in town. He said "30+ arcade cabinets, Foosball, Air Hockey, Consoles from Atari 2600-PS3, and VR.  $11 per person for the day"

Flashback Games Marietta
2800 Canton Rd #1600, Marietta, GA 30066
(678) 903-5765

I love Portal Pinball as well. It's about 70% pinball and the rest is arcade video games.

Portal Pinball Arcade
3600 Cherokee St NW #102, Kennesaw, GA 30144
(470) 606-1956

Andrew Taylor

Looked them up on Facebook, they seem pretty awesome. I'll definitely have to check 'em out next time I'm down there! Semi-related, there's a place being renovated in my town (I live way up in Simpsonville, SC) and an arcade that looks very similar to Flashback is gonna move in one of the slots. Can't wait to finally have a proper vintage arcade near me

Earl Baugh

Is there a list of games somewhere?
I didn’t see any... but would go and pay $11 for a few hours of tempest. 🙂

On Jan 14, 2020, at 4:14 PM, Andrew Taylor <andrewstm244@...> wrote:

Looked them up on Facebook, they seem pretty awesome. I'll definitely have to check 'em out next time I'm down there! Semi-related, there's a place being renovated in my town (I live way up in Simpsonville, SC) and an arcade that looks very similar to Flashback is gonna move in one of the slots. Can't wait to finally have a proper vintage arcade near me

John Czerwinski

The arcade is pretty close to where I live and paid a visit (excuse to get off the road and let rush hour died down).  They have about ~30 arcade games but No Tempest: Here's a small list of ones I played:

Galaga
Ms Pac Man
Millipede
Star Wars Trilogy
Asteroids
Rampage
Stargate
Williams multicade (Robotron, Stargate, Joust)
Donkey Kong
Wizard of Wor

They have a jukebox that was playing mostly 80s music, which was a nice touch! Also, have a bunch of retro home consoles.

The owner is a very nice guy.  Definitely recommend going there.

I didn’t see any... but would go and pay $11 for a few hours of tempest. 🙂

On Jan 14, 2020, at 4:14 PM, Andrew Taylor <andrewstm244@...> wrote:

Looked them up on Facebook, they seem pretty awesome. I'll definitely have to check 'em out next time I'm down there! Semi-related, there's a place being renovated in my town (I live way up in Simpsonville, SC) and an arcade that looks very similar to Flashback is gonna move in one of the slots. Can't wait to finally have a proper vintage arcade near me

Andy Craig

Thanks for the report. Looking at some pictures on Google Maps the Galaga cabinet seems super tall. Do you remember if it was actually like that or maybe this picture is an optical illusion.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020, 6:36 AM John Czerwinski <johndczerwinski@...> wrote:
[...]

Yep, it was one of the mega-size cabinets.

The owner says he has another arcade in loganville (same name)

On Jan 15, 2020, at 8:49 AM, Andy Craig <andycraig@...> wrote:

[...]

<Screenshot_20200115-084820.png>

Andy Craig

I vaguely remember seeing Tempest at Portal Pinball but you should call them before making the drive because A) I don't trust my memory too much B) on any given day one or two of the machines are broken C) they sometimes cycle some of the games in and out of the arcade.

Actually, it's always a good idea to check their Facebook page or call before making the drive anyway because they sometimes close for private parties.

Yeah I know Facebook is the suck but I keep an account just for things like this. None of the companies are posting this info to Usenet. 😛

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020, 8:49 AM Andy Craig via Groups.Io <andycraig=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Bill Barker

It's super tall.  I took my kids there over the Christmas break.  Highly recommend it.