Topics

Commodore Amiga 500

John Czerwinski

I know someone that might be selling a Commodore Amiga 500 and wanted to know what you think a fair price might be.

Unblakeable

My opinion - Assuming it works and is in good cosmetic condition, $150 eBay (give or take shipping), $100 non- eBay (I think the discount is appropriate because you won't likely get a return and packing computers properly for shipping is time-consuming).

-- mike

--
Michael S. Blake, CFA, ASA, ABAR

Andy Craig

To see market price,  do a search for Amiga 500 on eBay, use the filter option and enable "sold items" to see what they're really selling for, not the asking prices, because some of them will be crazy high for any item on eBay.

Does the eBay going price = fair price? You decide. 😁

Side note: you can get Amigas for much cheaper in the UK by ordering from the UK site of eBay but the risk of smashed plastics is much higher on this long journey.
Some would say a PAL Amiga is more desirable than NTSC tho.

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020, 10:50 AM John Czerwinski <johndczerwinski@...> wrote:
I know someone that might be selling a Commodore Amiga 500 and wanted to know what you think a fair price might be.

Pete Rittwage

They vary widely depending on many factors, but complete with mouse and power supply and 512k expansion with no known issues?
A little north of that.

I am seeing more like $250 in modern times for a clean working machine. Reduce that for missing parts, and much more for any problems. It's much hard to find them 100% working now, unless you can repair yourself for a bargain price. :)

-Pete

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 11:03 AM, Unblakeable <msblake@...> wrote:
My opinion - Assuming it works and is in good cosmetic condition, $150 eBay (give or take shipping), $100 non- eBay (I think the discount is appropriate because you won't likely get a return and packing computers properly for shipping is time-consuming).

-- mike

--
Michael S. Blake, CFA, ASA, ABAR

Andre

If I found one that was listed for 50$US not working then I would imediently buy it. Sometimes these sellers never tested the machines because they either don't have the right power plug or they think it's broken when they didn't plug it in or didn't push the power button. Also some of these machines have battery problems that shouldn't be too hard to find. fixing may be difficult depending on the damage.

Andy Craig

Yep. Especially if it was not a 500+ with the self immolating battery.