Topics

Core Memory Sheild

Pete Rittwage

James Mahoney

I wonder if you can mod this to fit the numerous core memory blocks from the soviet bloc floating on fleabay like this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232947117128

Earl Baugh

Way cool!  (though not a lot of storage)..
However it is safe from cosmic rays (yes, I know this because I saw the boards in the Space Shuttle...)

Earl

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 3:13 PM Pete Rittwage <peter@...> wrote:
I thought you 'old guys' would like this if you've not seen it already.

https://blog.hackster.io/a-core-memory-shield-for-the-arduino-d86ad1c76340?fbclid=IwAR23WtTuBVMrCR45yb2wgtnqDotd4adcHMNv7fpgWQFKDRghqTbbQmKnPiE

-Pete

Pete Rittwage

I wonder why does it require all those transistors and an FPGA...

-Pete

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 3:13 PM Pete Rittwage <peter@rittwage.com> wrote:

I thought you 'old guys' would like this if you've not seen it already.

https://blog.hackster.io/a-core-memory-shield-for-the-arduino-d86ad1c76340?fbclid=IwAR23WtTuBVMrCR45yb2wgtnqDotd4adcHMNv7fpgWQFKDRghqTbbQmKnPiE

-Pete

James Mahoney

looks like its for decoding addresses, and handling the analog portion of driving and reading (by listening to the comparitors, and driving the transistors the right way)

http://jussikilpelainen.kapsi.fi/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/coremem-complete.pdf

http://jussikilpelainen.kapsi.fi/wordpress/?p=213