Topics

Does anybody have an ISA/PCI motherboard test card?

Andrew Taylor

Does anybody have one of these? I've seen them on Ebay before, they have a 4-digit or so LED display and a beeper, plugs into either a ISA or PCI slot. I have a late 90s Gateway that's been a massive thorn in my side lately; doesn't show any sign of life aside from powering on (fans, LEDs, CD-ROM drives), no POST at all. I'd love to get this thing up and working as it's currently the best machine I have spec-wise for a Win98 gaming machine, and one of these cards seems like the best first step in diagnosing what's wrong. If anyone has one and is willing to bring it to the meeting, please let me know!

Thanks!

alan@alanlee.org

I'll bring one.

-Alan H.

On 2019-11-08 17:38, Andrew Taylor wrote:

Does anybody have one of these? I've seen them on Ebay before, they have a 4-digit or so LED display and a beeper, plugs into either a ISA or PCI slot. I have a late 90s Gateway that's been a massive thorn in my side lately; doesn't show any sign of life aside from powering on (fans, LEDs, CD-ROM drives), no POST at all. I'd love to get this thing up and working as it's currently the best machine I have spec-wise for a Win98 gaming machine, and one of these cards seems like the best first step in diagnosing what's wrong. If anyone has one and is willing to bring it to the meeting, please let me know!

Thanks!