Topics

IBM 5153 CGA Monitor

Doug Dement

Looking to bring my childhood IBM PC home from my parents house. We never had a true 5153 monitor for it and whatever we used is long gone. If anyone local has a lead on a sub $300 5153’s in decent shape, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Doug

David Iwanicki

I Have a CGA monitor, but it’s not an IBM

David

On May 2, 2020, at 21:42, Doug Dement <sphiend@...> wrote:

Looking to bring my childhood IBM PC home from my parents house. We never had a true 5153 monitor for it and whatever we used is long gone. If anyone local has a lead on a sub $300 5153’s in decent shape, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Doug

Andrew Taylor

Well if somebody has a busted up one, someone up in NC is giving away a free shell for one hahaha

Doug Dement

Yeah. We had a non-IBM one too. In fact, I don’t think IBM released a monitor at the same time as the original PC. At this point, I’m sorta hoping to mate it with an IBM model. There is one on Craigslist but it’s only being sold with the computer and that makes it a bit more than I want to spend. However, might be worth it because monitors stink to ship.

-Doug

On May 2, 2020, at 10:00 PM, David Iwanicki via groups.io <davidi4=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

I Have a CGA monitor, but it’s not an IBM

David

On May 2, 2020, at 21:42, Doug Dement <sphiend@...> wrote:

Looking to bring my childhood IBM PC home from my parents house. We never had a true 5153 monitor for it and whatever we used is long gone. If anyone local has a lead on a sub $300 5153’s in decent shape, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Doug

alan@alanlee.org

You should also look for a 5154 EGA monitor. It will display both CGA and EGA signals.

-Alan

On 2020-05-02 21:42, Doug Dement wrote:
Looking to bring my childhood IBM PC home from my parents house. We
never had a true 5153 monitor for it and whatever we used is long
gone. If anyone local has a lead on a sub $300 5153’s in decent
shape, please let me know.
Thanks,
-Doug

Sam Lysinger

please send the CL link, i'd like to check out the PC itself (i already have a 5153).

On May 2, 2020, at 10:35 PM, Doug Dement <sphiend@...> wrote:

[...]

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/sys/d/marietta-vintage-ibm-pc-xt/7117381836.html

We could go In together.  I’d do $300 for monitor.

-Doug

On May 2, 2020, at 10:00 PM, David Iwanicki via groups.io <davidi4@...> wrote:

I Have a CGA monitor, but it’s not an IBM

David

On May 2, 2020, at 21:42, Doug Dement <sphiend@...> wrote:

Looking to bring my childhood IBM PC home from my parents house.  We never had a true 5153 monitor for it and whatever we used is long gone.  If anyone local has a lead on a sub $300 5153’s in decent shape, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Doug

Sam Lysinger

Sounds like a plan! I've sent the poster a message. Given that they
are photographing two PCs (minimally, and calling them XTs, which they
aren't) and only selling one, I would keep expectations low for the
moment.

I will keep you posted.

On 5/3/20, Doug Dement <sphiend@...> wrote:
[...]

Yeah. I chatted via SMS with him yesterday just enough to know he was not going to split them. Would be a good idea to get some more pics of the actual system and confirmation of functionality..

Call me if this is a go and we can figure out logistics. I have cash.

404-973-8611

-Doug