From: Southern-Fried Gaming Expo <info@...>
Date: Wed, May 13, 2020 at 1:20 PM
Subject: Important Announcement: SFGE 2020 & the Future of the Show (Updated with Refund Request Link)

SFGE2020 Header
Updated to include missing link to refund requests: http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/refund-request/

SFGE Presses "Pause" Due to COVID-19

Dear SFGE Community,

It breaks our hearts to do so, but out of an abundance of caution we have decided to cancel the 2020 Southern-Fried Gaming Expo. Please know that this was not a decision we arrived at lightly. The Coronavirus pandemic is a serious threat to public health, and we could not in good conscience host an event that would put the community we love at risk for infection.

With the state of Georgia currently easing restrictions, reopening businesses, and a ban on large gatherings set to expire in June, you may ask yourself why we still chose to cancel. Simple: our convention is unlike other large gatherings. With our expo focused on playing games, touching controllers, and close interactions with others, there is no foreseeable way to responsibly host SFGE the way you have come to enjoy and with the high standard of quality we always aim to achieve.

Because the July 10-12, 2020 date does not currently fall under a state-wide ban on large events, keeping our attendees safe by cancelling the event comes to us at a considerable cost. Current contracts in place with event venues, vendors, and others require penalty payments for cancelling or other pre-payments that are non-refundable. That said, we think we can still survive...barely. However, we need your help.

We recognize that this is a trying time for many, but if you are at all able to support the show please consider simply carrying-over your membership until next year. Additionally, please consider purchasing some of our reserve inventory of t-shirts and other merch. We will also be unveiling a limited edition 2020 shirt to show your support very soon.

Despite the fact that all memberships sold state "no refunds" at time of purchase, we are nonetheless offering full refunds minus processing fees for a period of two weeks until May 27th, 2020. After that date, remaining memberships will automatically transfer to next year's Southern-Fried Gaming Expo to be held June 11-13, 2021.

That's right! It's not game over for us yet. Despite the pain and disappointment of not hosting this year's SFGE, we look forward to staying connected on social media, chatting with you in our new Discord, possibly hosting a much-smaller mini event in the future, and seeing you in person to celebrate SFGE 2021. Until then, however, we pray for your health and safety and thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
Preston, Patrick, & Shannon
Organizers & Co-Founders, SFGE

Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Instagram
Instagram
Website
Website
Email
Email
Copyright © 2020 Southern Fried Gaming Expo, All rights reserved.
Southern Fried Gaming Expo

Our mailing address is:

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

alan@alanlee.org

Thanks for the update Mauricio.

I'm going to let my registration carry over to next year. :)  I hope we can still umbrella under their event then.  But even if not, SFGE is a great show and worth it anyway!

-A

On 2020-05-13 13:33, Mauricio wrote:

FYI, in case you are not on the mailing list.

Earl Baugh

Yes, I spoke with Patrick about this yesterday.
You beat me to posting about it ( I told him I’d wait for the formal announcement before sharing, but he did talk with my in detail about it yesterday. )

I’ll share about it on Zoom on Saturday and answer questions.

Earl

On 2020-05-13 13:33, Mauricio wrote:

FYI, in case you are not on the mailing list.

Earl Baugh

Btw, Yes we are already invited — same agreement as this year.   It will be in June not July, so a tad earlier.

We will discuss space ( whether same or different as things get closer )

Earl