Topics

Info about meeting this weekend

Earl Baugh

Would like folks to be aware that this Saturday we will be having elections.
Last month was a little bit lightly attended (given the remnants of a storm was passing over)

So, I would like to ask folks to attend to vote and provide input on VCF SE 8.0 (2020).
There was a lot of discussion last month about locations ( including the possibly of reaching out to the Computer Museum
as an option for a location), so want to have as many inputs as possible to best represent ALL members.

Existing officers, please e-mail me direclty to let me know if you're willing to continue to server in your position.
If anybody else would like to server in a role, also please send me an e-mail so I can have a slate of possible candidates
(esp. if you can't attend)

Also, I'll be bringing a bunch of stuff that I got dropped off (and maybe those HP and DG servers I've been waiting on for
months... been talking to the guy, just haven't gotten final sign off by the company).

If anybody has something to present, please let me know about that as well...

Thanks!

Earl

Michele & Mitchell Bolgla

Hi guys - I just emailed in a few marketing groups I am in to ask about a location for VCFSE, fyi. I put Saturday on the family calendar. Ben is in the depths of senior year, but will be there if possible!

Thanks,
Michele

On Monday, November 4, 2019, 02:43:59 PM EST, Earl Baugh <earl.baugh@...> wrote:

[...]

John Czerwinski

I have a friend that does a lot of events for a non-profit in town.  He's pretty well connected and has helped me with a fundraiser in the past. I'll see if he has any ideas.

[...]

Just spoke with my friend and has contacts with the sites below he'll start talking to.  Also, he works for Keysight and thought there might be a possibility for a sponsorship.

tech square (downtown)
Westin
Crown Plaza
JW Marriot

[...]

Any chance that our friends at GA Tech would host?

On Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 02:13:25 PM EST, John Czerwinski <johndczerwinski@...> wrote:

[...]

It's worth asking.  What's the feeling about an event downtown (traffic, etc)?

[...]

Ben Bradley

Mentioning Ga. Tech brings to mind KSU Marietta, formerly SPSU, and
originally (when I attended) Southern Tech. Atlanta Hobby Robot Club
has had its yearly Robot Rally event there two or three times (that I
can recall) over the last 20 years. The current and immediate past
presidents may know of contacts there, though there was the usual
frustrations of dealing with college administrators. Our event in
recent years has been scaled down and held at the Pinkneyville
community center, but that's clearly too small for the VCF.

Gratuitous link: http://www.botlanta.org/robot-rally