Topics

Possible VCF venue

Rob Osattin

There’s a union hall on S. Marietta Parkway, near Kennesaw State University, that is available for rent. I don’t know much about it but it’s 9000 sq ft. My radio club looked at it a few years ago for our annual hamfest but ended up at the civic center. Not sure why.

Machinists Aerospace Union Hall
1032 South Marietta Pkwy SE, Marietta, GA 30060
Marietta, USA
(770) 428-3385

The Cobb County Civic Center is near there and is a good exhibit venue but it’s probably as costly as Jim Miller.

Rob Osattin
Atlanta

Keith Watson

The Atlanta Jugglers Association holds its annual festival at the Yaarab Shrine Center. The room is huge (several times the size of my house. We have over two hundred registered jugglers and over double that in visitors.) and has a another room off to the side. I don't know how much the rent is but from what I have heard it is one of the least expensive locations we have ever used.

Yaarab Shrine Center
400 Ponce de Leon Ave, Atlanta, GA 30308

keith

--

Keith Watson
ahcs@...

Earl Baugh

I've sent contacts to both the Yaarab Shrine Center and the  Machinists Aerospace Union Hal.
Will hopefully have info soon to share at our meeting...

Earl

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 5:41 PM Keith Watson <ahcs@...> wrote:
The Atlanta Jugglers Association holds its annual festival at the Yaarab
Shrine Center. The room is huge (several times the size of my house. We
have over two hundred registered jugglers and over double that in
visitors.) and has a another room off to the side. I don't know how much
the rent is but from what I have heard it is one of the least expensive
locations we have ever used.

Yaarab Shrine Center
400 Ponce de Leon Ave, Atlanta, GA 30308

keith

--

Keith Watson
ahcs@...

@WysiWyg

A fair bit of a distance away but Middle Georgia State University in Macon has a lot of interest in this type of stuff. The IT department and myself created a museum for the university and we've gotten a lot of love from students and faculty there, so I'm sure that they would be willing to give the convention the conference center on campus for cheap. I don't know about all the logistics of doing it at a University but it's something that could be a possibility.

James Mahoney

so just to get this topic stewing again, one of the mechanical keyboard folks in the area is interested in getting a meet up here, he sent out a form asking for dates for some folk. ive posted the contents here:

Hey,

I'm reaching out because I saw your comment on my google form.

I am looking at doing it in Sandy Springs, particularly at the City Springs Performing Arts Center.  They have a good set of meeting spaces, there's tons of food options around, and it would only cost $250 for 4 hours of meeting space in the large meeting room.  850sqft.  If we need more room we can talk to them about expanding, but it's also why I want to get enough time to get a true headcount, and potentially make this a BIG meetup and draw others from all over.  *cough* Dixiemech and the Alabama Crew *cough*

Thanks!
-Toby
if y'all think we can manage to get a bigger space before the keyboard meetup is planned let me know, he's def interested in cooperating on a bigger venue, but thats if we can find one. so far the dates on the keyboard meetup are pretty flexible, so that might not be an issue.