Topics

VCF SE 8.0 Update

Earl Baugh

I've been receiving sign-ups for the show, and I'll be getting them posted either tomorrow or Saturday...
I did get the website set up a caffeine fueled frenzy (because of a hiccup in communication with the MARCH folks...
not an issue just new folks and we didn't quite understand each other...)

Anyway, a couple things that I'm looking at.   First, I have 2 Square "cashier" terminals that I'll have for us to use going forward.
But they use IPads with the Lightning connector.    Does anybody have ones that we could use during the show?  They have
the chip readers, etc. so it would assist in concessions, etc.   Also, I have a bar code reader that works with them so we can add
the bar codes of items and even faster (I'm trying to anticipate any issues with the potentially larger crowd...)   I've also found a
site (https://www.onlinelabels.com/label-generator-tools/barcode-generator.aspx) to make our own bar codes that we could use
for consignment (a page per cosigner -- they could stick them on their items) And we could also use this for shirts and kits.

We would need some help in pre-printing labels... but the site should make generation fairly easy.

During our March meeting we need to get stuff going with marketing we can help push... get roles assigned, and talk about
sessions (we have 2 slots on Saturday and 1 on Sunday I believe... )    I'll also share the agreement that we have (yes we have
it in writing :-) ) so everybody has all the details.

That's it as of now...

Earl

@AtariLynxHandyCast

Hi, Earl:

I have a 5th-generation iPad (A1823) with a lightning connector that you're welcome to use during the show.

Mark

Josh Litherland

I have an iPhone SE with the lightning connector, if you could tolerate the teeny tiny screen on it.

Earl Baugh

Thanks, but I don’t think an iPhone would work in this bracket. ( I have some iPhones... I haven’t tested it, but it’s designed for iPad )

Earl