Topics

VCF SE 8.0 -- We're official!

Earl Baugh

We have reached an agreement with the folks at Southern Fried Gaming Expo and we will be hosting VCF SE 8.0 in concert with their event.
Dates will be July 8th thru 10th...   This just confirms what we discussed at our past meeting.

We're all excited about the potential this partnership can benefit both groups...

I wanted to get this note out as soon as we all agreed upon the partner agreement (I can share/read that at next meeting).

Mark, Jon and I will be working on getting the webpages set up on vcfed.org this week...please bear with us as we get
this done (we have jobs, etc. so we'll go as fast as we can.... it does take a little bit)

We will have a limited number of tables this year (unless the hotel dramatically drops the price on their last unrented ballroom... we shall see)
so we will at first limit the number of tables each exhibitor can reserve, to make sure we have space for everybody.   Once we get the initial
list of exhibitors in place, we'll do what we can to get folks additional tables.

There will be some growing pains, so please be patient...

We also will have a coupon for a discount if you want to get a full weekend pass.... will provide the code along with the details this week.

Earl

BE Arnold

Excellent!
I think this’ll be an interesting and fun event that should work out to be a win-win for both of us.
Great job!

Brad

Sent from my portable computing device.

On Mar 2, 2020, at 12:29 AM, Earl Baugh <earl.baugh@...> wrote:

[...]

David Greelish

Fantastic, it was a long road and I was getting worried, but great work Earl and everyone. I am thrilled with this and it will be so exciting to attend this year.

--
Best,

David Greelish
Computer Historian, Writer and Producer of the documentary film, "Before Macintosh: The Apple Lisa" February 2020

TheAppleLisaFilm.com

ClassicComputing.com

Rob Mitchell

Great! We have brought games to SFGE in part years and have missed AHC meetings because of date conflicts.

This year we will again bring arcade games and put together a VCF exhibit!

Looking forward to a great weekend!

Rob and Eva Mitchell.

Sent from my tiny iPhone.

On Mar 2, 2020, at 09:01, David Greelish <david@...> wrote:

Fantastic, it was a long road and I was getting worried, but great work Earl and everyone. I am thrilled with this and it will be so exciting to attend this year.

--
Best,

David Greelish
Computer Historian, Writer and Producer of the documentary film, "Before Macintosh: The Apple Lisa" February 2020

TheAppleLisaFilm.com

ClassicComputing.com

James Mahoney

oh man this is awesome! so a few things imma need before i can send out an interest check on the subreddit for mechanical keyboards:
        how much for tables?
        what days would be the best for them to set up?

        how much in sales commission will we be asking this year?

        power availability in the hallway/walkway?

        volunteer benefits?