Topics

VCF SE T-shirt Design Update

Nolan Gilmore

Hi All,
I came up with a design for the timeline on the back of the t-shirt. It's based on the first issue of BYTE magazine (since its turning 45 this year), but I replaced the text normally on the front with the milestone timeline.

I've attached a monochrome version, a two color version, as well as a scan of the original cover so y'all can see the differences.

Let me know what y'all think of this.
Hopefully we will actually have a VCF so we can use this shirt :)

-Nolan

Jon Guidry

Nolan, that looks awesome!

David Greelish

I really like it, but I would change the "BYTE" to "VCFSE" and then perhaps fully spell that out in smaller text below.

Speaking of the VCFSE, and I know we have a meeting this Saturday, but could someone please update us all on some basics as to where we are with it now?

A venue?
A date?

If we don't at least have those two things in stone now, I don't see how we have a show by April, maybe early May. We've got to get moving on this.

Thanks.

--
Best,

David Greelish
Computer Historian, Writer and Producer of the documentary film, "Before Macintosh: The Apple Lisa" February 2020

TheAppleLisaFilm.com

ClassicComputing.com

Nolan Gilmore

I've added "Vintage Computer Festival Southeast" on the back as well as a spot to put the date of the show. I want to keep the large BYTE lettering because the reason I did the rear timeline like that was to honor the 45th anniversary of BYTE magazine. I've also been working on a new front design for the shirt (it's quite different from what I had designed a few months ago).

I've attached the modified rear timeline as well as a non-final version of the newer design for the front of the shirt (I am still working/undecided on word placements).

And I am aware that the new front design is a little crazy, I just think it's a little more exciting/unique compared to the other shirts we have done. Though if y'all prefer the older design, I'm fine with going with it as well.

Also, the colors of the shirt/ink have yet to be decided, this is just what I did while making the graphics. (though I would prefer if we do two color, maybe we could discuss that in depth at the meeting)

Anyway, see everybody on Saturday!
-Nolan