Topics

Vintage Computer Sale

Doug Dement
 

Seems a bit overpriced but if anyone is looking for a big lot of machines, has a van, lots of cash, and Is up for a road trip... 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/286504209047922/

-Doug

Andrew Taylor
 

Good lord checks bank account oh well...

Doug Dement
 

Well.. in retrospect, probably not that bad price wise.  There is an Amiga 3000 in there and that’s easily a grand worth of CRTs.  The Adams all have keyboards and printers.  A few Tandys.  At going rates, probably profit to be had.  Still a lot of work.. 

-Doug

On May 20, 2020, at 7:03 PM, Andrew Taylor <andrewstm244@...> wrote:



Good lord checks bank account oh well...

Andrew Taylor
 

Assuming I wouldn't want to keep the Tandys...haha. Besides, everything seems in good shape, only real work is going and getting them and the actual cost of the lot

Unblakeable
 

Wow.  Need a lot of room for that stuff.

Ian S. King
 

I've tried to get rid of as many CRTs as I can, retaining only those that are either part of the artifact, can be shared among several systems, or possessing unique interfaces (for example, a CGA monitor).  So that wall of monitors just makes me shudder.  :-) 


On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 4:12 PM Unblakeable <msblake@...> wrote:
Wow.  Need a lot of room for that stuff.



--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School
Dissertation: "Why the Conversation Mattered: Constructing a Sociotechnical Narrative Through a Design Lens

Principal Investigator, "Reflections on Early Computing and Social Change", UW IRB #42619


University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China." 

Doug Dement
 

Think I’m going the opposite direction...  soft spot for the CRT.

That said, if anyone is into Kaypro systems, there is a model 2 on shopgoodwill.com  Looks to be in good condition.  Looks to have a library with it.




-Doug

On May 20, 2020, at 7:44 PM, Ian S. King <isking@...> wrote:


I've tried to get rid of as many CRTs as I can, retaining only those that are either part of the artifact, can be shared among several systems, or possessing unique interfaces (for example, a CGA monitor).  So that wall of monitors just makes me shudder.  :-) 

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 4:12 PM Unblakeable <msblake@...> wrote:
Wow.  Need a lot of room for that stuff.



--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School
Dissertation: "Why the Conversation Mattered: Constructing a Sociotechnical Narrative Through a Design Lens

Principal Investigator, "Reflections on Early Computing and Social Change", UW IRB #42619


University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China." 

Andrew Taylor
 

How much is it? There's been one on my local Facebook Marketplace for a while now, it's in good shape, but they want $150 for it

Doug Dement
 

Nevermind... just looked at price and saw local pickup only.  But $51 currently.  (Auction, about an hour left)




-Doug

On May 20, 2020, at 9:36 PM, Andrew Taylor <andrewstm244@...> wrote:



How much is it? There's been one on my local Facebook Marketplace for a while now, it's in good shape, but they want $150 for it

<unknown.png>