Vintage Computer Working Apple IIGS with Color Monitor - $150 (Kennesaw)

Raj Wurttemberg

Hey All,

I saw this Apple //gs on Craigslist here in Kennesaw for only $150. I already have a //gs in my collection or I would snag it. :)

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/sys/d/kennesaw-vintage-computer-working-apple/7409873106.html

Happy Holidays!
/Raj W.

Pete Rittwage

Wrong monitor, but still good deal for someone!

-Pete

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 08:41 PM, Raj Wurttemberg <rajaw@...> wrote:
Hey All,

I saw this Apple //gs on Craigslist here in Kennesaw for only $150. I already have a //gs in my collection or I would snag it. :)

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/sys/d/kennesaw-vintage-computer-working-apple/7409873106.html

Happy Holidays!
/Raj W.

Josh Litherland

Yeah, I'm having that, if one of you hasn't already gotten an earlier-timestamped email in to him.  :)

--
Josh Litherland (josh@...)

Josh Litherland

Got it.  :)

And he managed to find the matching mouse, so now I just need to source an ADB keyboard and either a matched RGB monitor or a VGA adapter.

Thanks for the alert!

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021, 2:05 AM Josh Litherland via groups.io <josh=temp123.org@groups.io> wrote:
Yeah, I'm having that, if one of you hasn't already gotten an earlier-timestamped email in to him.  :)

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 8:55 PM Pete Rittwage <peter@...> wrote:
Wrong monitor, but still good deal for someone!

-Pete

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 08:41 PM, Raj Wurttemberg <rajaw@...> wrote:
Hey All,

I saw this Apple //gs on Craigslist here in Kennesaw for only $150. I already have a //gs in my collection or I would snag it. :)

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/sys/d/kennesaw-vintage-computer-working-apple/7409873106.html

Happy Holidays!
/Raj W.

--
Josh Litherland (josh@...)

Raj Wurttemberg

Excellent!  My pleasure!   Glad it is going to a good home!

Thanks,

/Raj

[...]

Andy Craig

Soooo how did that iigs turn out? I had exchanged emails with them a few days before but with no good way to test it (I have no Apple 8bit gear) I reluctantly passed on the deal. Now I'm wondering if I should feel remorseful. LOL!

On Thu, Nov 25, 2021 at 8:58 PM Raj Wurttemberg <rajaw@...> wrote:

[...]

I'll bring it with me on Saturday.  The computer itself is fully functional, has a RAM upgrade card of so-far unknown capacity, no other expansions.  Slightly yellowed and the Apple logo colors are very washed out, so I might have to go at it with a paint brush.  :)

We found the original ADB mouse for it whilst digging out the machine, so that was a nice surprise.  The monitor he had was a composite monochrome with tilt, model A2M2010.  Satisfactory for testing but not what I wanted to use with the IIgs.

It came with two 3.5" floppies, one of them works and the other needs a bit of work.  I've jury-rigged it to my Gonbes line doubler so I have full RGB color with HDMI support now for testing GSOS, and I got one of the FloppyEMU boards to load stuff on it via SD card.

If somebody can bring along a joystick for it, and recommend to me which games to procure, I can get it set up for some gaming on Saturday.  :)