Topics

Weather on Saturday

Earl Baugh

Hey — an FYI according to National Weather Service:

..WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 1 PMEST SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected...mixed with rain at times. Total snow accumulations of up to two inches...possibly three to four inches at higher elevations. Amounts of generally less than an inch possible for the Atlanta Metro area.

* WHERE...Generally west of Interstate 85 and north of Interstate 20.

* WHEN...From 4 AM to 1 PM EST Saturday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions...especially on bridges and overpasses...or during heavier bursts of snow.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Temperatures are expected to warm by afternoon so a transition to all rain should bring improving conditions. However the northeast mountains could continue to see periods of snow through the day. Temperatures should drop below freezing again Saturday night...making black ice possible on Sunday morning.

So, stay tuned to email to see if we have to cancel tomorrow’s meeting.

Earl

Andrew Taylor

Any updates? It's getting about time for me to head out, don't wanna end up driving down just to be left in the cold, lol.

John Czerwinski

I'm in Roswell, and it's snowing pretty hard and sticking to the road.  I don't plan on risking it today.

Any updates? It's getting about time for me to head out, don't wanna end up driving down just to be left in the cold, lol.

Earl Baugh

I’ve got a couple inches of snow on the ground and road. And it is still coming down. So for safety’s sake we will be canceling.  I’ll check with Brad for an alternative Saturday this month.

Earl

Mauricio

Any update on a replacement date?

- Mauricio

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 10:26 AM Earl Baugh <earl.baugh@...> wrote:

I’ve got a couple inches of snow on the ground and road. And it is still coming down. So for safety’s sake we will be canceling.  I’ll check with Brad for an alternative Saturday this month.

Earl

Earl Baugh

Next Saturday. Confirmed availability with Brad.

Will update calendar.

Earl